Friday, January 20, 2006

Songs

Off the top of my head, here are a few songs I remember The Tracterz doing:

  • I Will Follow - U2
  • Stop - Flamin' Ohs
  • No Thugs - XTC
  • Brand New Cadilac - The Clash
  • Absolutely Sweet Marie - Jason and the Scorchers
  • I Want Candy - Bow Wow Wow
  • Message of Love - The Pretenders
  • I like College - original
  • Earth 2 - original

    If anyone remembers more please post them in the comments.

  • 8 comments:

    Jambo said...

    After coming across my tape I could of course update this list quite a bit but I think I'll just wait until I find that set list and put the whole thing up.

    Joseph Thvedt said...

    Surely Absolutely Sweet Marie is the Dylan song. Says here that Jason and the Scorchers covered it.

    Jambo said...

    Yes it is a Dylan song but the Jason and the Scorchers version is so different I though it proper to say the Tracterz were covering them rather than Dylan since that's sound they were looking for. Kind of the way some people cover Jimi Hendrick's All Along the Watchtower or (as the Tracterz also did) The Clash's I Fought the Law.

    I assume you have the Dylan version but I'll try to send you the Jason and the Scorchers version. For demonstration purposes only of course.

    Joseph Thvedt said...

    I'd be curious to hear what melody they dreamed up for Absolutely Sweet Marie. One can't really tell by listening to Dylan's version. Alas, I can't find my 8-track of the Flying Norwegians version.

    spaghettiwestern said...

    How about their cover of Sunday Bloody Sunday? I always thought it was a pretty demanding song for a drummer. Perhaps Brads' performance on this one was a notch above Larry Mullen, Jr?

    Jambo said...

    Yeah, they did a great job with U2 songs. The set list above has them doing Sunday Bloody Sunday in the second set and ending (as they often did) with I Will Follow, a song I think they usually nailed. I also see "Pride" in the third set which I am assuming is Pride in the Names of Love but I don't actually recall them doing that one.

    Anonymous said...

    I Fought the Law - Clash
    Working Girl - The Members
    Ring of Fire (Steve played trumpet)
    Walls Came Down - The Call
    The Beat Goes On/Switichin to Glide - Kings
    Ordinary People - Original
    Its Alright if You Go Out with Her - Original
    Do You Wanna Go Out - Original

    lots of fun.....

    MYLADYDJ said...

    I WAS A DJ AT MY LADY LOUNGE IN CLARINDA, IA. IN 1983-85. THE TACTERZ WERE ONE OF THE BEST LIVE ACTS WE HAD, NEXT TO HIGH HEEL AND THE SNEEKERS. FOR A BAND THAT COVERED THE TIME AND FEEL OF WHAT WERE THE 80'S, I MEAN, IN THE 70'S KISS BROKE OUT W/ MAKE-UP. THEN, THE 80'S CAME, I CAME OF AGE, AND EVERYONE WAS IN MAKE-UP??!! AND IT JUST ROCKED!!! BUT THE TRACTERZ, WELL THEY HAD THESE BARBIE DOLLS HANGING FROM THEIR MIC STANDS, WEARING FULL S/M GEAR WHICH WERE CALLED BONDABLE BARBIES. WHICH TO ME SAYS "THE RAMONES". I HAVE TO GO TO MY STORAGE AND FIND MY 1 COPY OF A 45 RPM SINGLE OF I LIKE COLLEGE", AND I KNOW I STILL HAVE IT, BECAUSE THATS THE WAY I AM. I STILL HAVE MY 1980 GRATEFUL DEAD TOUR SHIRT, AND I STILL WEAR IT (ON SPECIAL OCCASIONS ONLY, BECAUSE IT IS JUST ABOUT TO FALL APART!!) BUT, YOU KNOW?, WHEN THE TRACTERZ CAME TO MY LADY LOUNGE, IT WAS SRO. GOOD TO KNOW I'M NOT ALONE!!